Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2006 9:46:36 PM EDT
I am planning to purchase a Springfield "standard" M1A this summer. I would like to put a scope on it though. What exactly do I need to mount the scope?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#1]
A mount from Smith Enterprise.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 4:38:32 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A mount from Smith Enterprise.

+1
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:16:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Make sure you get the right scope as well. I put a Springfield Armory 2nd Gen 4-14X56 optic on my Standard and I think that it may have problems. Could be the mount though (as I haven't got the Smith mount yet). I am selling me SA scope and will put the SuperSniper 10X42M on there instead. Seems like it's hard to beat that scope for even twice the money. Also, you might want to look on the Sales and Closeouts section of the Smith Enterprizes site. They have the Weaver versions of their mount for only $105 and from what I'm hearing here and elsewhere, that mount is every bit as good as the $275 1913 mount. That's the way I'm going to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top