Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2006 5:16:02 PM EDT
Here is a link to some pics of the H&R Correct Grade M1 I recieved on 4/4/06.  I mailed my order form on 3/10/06 and recieved it on 4/4/06.  I was kind of nervous about what I would recieve, but I could not be more excited about it!  I am very pleased!  CMP has a wonderful program and if I had more money, I would be getting another.  Feel free to leave feedback.  Thanks

Here's the link...the before pics are of how it came out of the box, the after pics are steaming out some dings and two coats of linseed oil and cleaning of all the parts:

H&R Correct Grade
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice work.

Max
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:22:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like you got a good one. I have gone to the North store twice and have 3 FG. I have been considering a correct grade but the ones on hand at the North Store I was happier getting more rifle. I thought I would make them correct grade but after I clean them up they are each unique on their own. After a trip to range the old est actually shot the most accurate. Not exactly sure what I will do but CMP rocks. I have invested in gauges and will look for parts at gun shows to get mine to the correct. The oldest came with a stock drilled for grenade sights. So I have added that for effect. Wish I had some stocks with nice cartouches. I wish those rifles could talk!!!

Chinook3
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I wish those rifles could talk!!!

Chinook3

They would tell us tales of bravery, sacrifice and honor from the fields of battle; from North Africa, Salerno, and the Ardennes to The Mariannas, Iwo Jima and Okinawa. Stories of brave Soldiers and Marines that fought tooth and nail for every inch of ground with everything they had; often pushing themselves to the breaking point and beyond. Stories of courage that only of us could imagine. The M1 Garand you hold is a time capsule to the greatest struggle for freedom and democracy that the world will ever see.

That rifle carries the soul of an American GI, forever immortalized in Steel and Oak.

Preserve it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wish those rifles could talk!!!

Chinook3

They would tell us tales of bravery, sacrifice and honor from the fields of battle; from North Africa, Salerno, and the Ardennes to The Mariannas, Iwo Jima and Okinawa. Stories of brave Soldiers and Marines that fought tooth and nail for every inch of ground with everything they had; often pushing themselves to the breaking point and beyond. Stories of courage that only of us could imagine. The M1 Garand you hold is a time capsule to the greatest struggle for freedom and democracy that the world will ever see.

That rifle carries the soul of an American GI, forever immortalized in Steel and Oak.

Preserve it.

Oak?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 2:38:20 AM EDT
[#5]

forever immortalized in Steel and Oak.

???!!??    Huh??

BlackTiger....  Do they stock weapons on Oak where you are from???

Maybe you mean "Steel and Walnut"??

Best regards,
Swampy

Garands forever
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:06:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like a winner. Nice score!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:32:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Beautiful gun!
Now, go buy another one to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:35:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Preserve it.

I think I just threw up a little in my mouth.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:40:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Unfortunately, HRA's were produced too late to see any combat.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

And most came with Walnut Stocks
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 11:58:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

even the korean war??
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 7:56:52 AM EDT
[#12]
yup.. even the Korean war.... HRA didn't start until '53.  99.9999999999% of all Garands that saw combat in Korea were refurbished WW-II era Garands. SA didn't get tooled up until early '52
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:08:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Rifle looks great!!! I recently recieved my HRA correct grade on March 17th. The stock was gouged pretty bad and the handguards where loose and different finish. The rifle itself was in excellent condition. I contacted the CMP and they sent me a return label for the stock. They replaced the stock set with one that was in better shape. The only flaw on mine is a piece of wood that is chipped out where the upper handguard meets the stock. Nothing too major and am looking forward to cleaning her up over the holidays. Did you wipe down the stock first with mineral spirits before the linseed oil was applied?  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I heat treated the stock first with heat gun to get a lot of the grease out of it, then I lightly wiped it down with mineral spirits after that.  Once it dried for a while, I applied a good coat of linseed oil and applied it by hand real well.  I let each part of the stock sit coated with the linseed oil while I applied it to the rest of the stock and then wiped them down real good.  I have put two coats of linseed on it so far.  It turned out great.  Thanks for the response.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I received my HRA Correct Grade a few weeks ago.   I'm very happy with the condition of the rifle.   The metal has zero wear and the stock has a few handling dings but nothing major.   Overall, the rifle arrived very dry with very little grease or cosmoline and is cleaning up very well.   The correct grade was worth the money to me.   And it won't just be a safe queen either.  Thanks CMP!!  
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#16]
PICS?

...nevermind...
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:49:20 AM EDT
[#17]
I have uploaded more pics to my album at photobucket.com.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top