Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 4:06:08 PM EDT
Just got a new stock for an M1a from www.fredsm14stocks.com. Good prices and nice stock. I have no affiliation with this person but thought I would pass on what I think are some good deals.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Jack (Fred's owner) has seemed to have hired more people and cleaned his wharehouse out.  His shipping times have gotten much better.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered an as new walnut last weekend.  My new Springfield came with the crinkled synthetic stock and its already chipping  No big deal though,  I planned on putting her in a new set of walnut anyway.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#4]
And a couple years ago, they were much cheaper. I bought one in all the  different woods and six different synthetic ones.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And a couple years ago, they were much cheaper.

Seem to remember the same thing about ....

Gasoline
Cheeseburgers
Beer
Ammo
Guns  (I remember when I bought a HK91 for $400 and the seller was convinced I was the one who got screwed!!)

Ah - Time & Great Deals Fly By!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered last friday IIRC, tiger grade 2 birch, usgi synthetic, 2 handguards, chamber brushes, bandoleers, op rod springs, got them today.  Even threw in a gi black handguard!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I ordered an as new walnut last weekend.  My new Springfield came with the crinkled synthetic stock and its already chipping  No big deal though,  I planned on putting her in a new set of walnut anyway.

That Springfield painted stock is such a POS. Mine started chipping right out of the box!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#8]
My one and only dealing with Fred's wasn't good.  I hope any of you that order from Fred's have better luck than I did.  I placed a small order for some targets and slings.  They mailed the targets, shorted me on the slings, and charged me for everything.  I tried to email them, GOT NO REPLY.  I tried to call many times over a 2 MONTH PERIOD WITH ABSOLUTELY NOBODY ANSWERING THEIR PHONES.  When someone finally answered it was Jack.  I tried to ask nicely about the shorted items.  Jack was just plain rude.  I asked if they usually ignore there phones and if there customer service was always this poor....Jack told me, maybe I just shouldn't do business with them.  

Sure, my order wasn't all that big, but I can't imagine the owner of a company with such a bad attitude about customer service.  

I certainly hope this type of treatment isn't normal, but Jack is absolutely not getting another chance at my business.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:33:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Free with every stock:

good info...and copious ammounts of tinfoilery.

BTW, the select grade E2 stock I got from Fred's was outstanding and shipped inside of 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:02:53 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Free with every stock:

good info...and copious ammounts of tinfoilery.

BTW, the select grade E2 stock I got from Fred's was outstanding and shipped inside of 2 weeks.

Yes, you have to love the UN bashing.

Of course, I do need to practice his rifleman tips more. I shot his rifleman test and got a cook rating this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 6:21:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got my order from fred's last week; targets and a couple of books.  Very fast service, from internet order to my door was about four days.  I did call after a day or two to verify some CC info, and like most people in the "industry"  the people skills were below par.  But thats just the way things go 99.99999% of the time.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Got my order in last week.  Took 4 days from the time I placed it online.  Very impressed with the stock I received.  I ordered the "as new" walnut with heavy dings.............  I couldn't find any heavy dings on this stock anywhere.  Very nice piece of lumber  Only problem with it is the trigger lockup sucks.  I used some thin cardboard to shim it up until I get around to bedding it.  Oh, and my order did come with a free handguard.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top