Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/1/2006 8:52:49 AM EDT
I am trying to get AAC to do a run of 762-SD flash suppressors for the M14. They would be Phantom style and made by Yankee Hill, but would also accept the AAC 762-SD silencer.

There just are very few silencers to select from for the M14.

Not only that, but it would be a real Phantom flash hider -- a very good one (no, not better than the Vortex, but very close).

Are there others who would also like this?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you ever review the Smith Enterprise DC suppressor?  I like the idea of having one suppressor and multiple Vortexes on various rifles...  However, I don't have nearly the experience you do with suppressors so any input from you is appreciated!

Spooky
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't like it.

It is louder than other silencers, and it is even slower to put on and off than a threadmount.

But it is a jewell and very well made  -- and in military use. So it is worth it for a collector.

I only fired mine once and would sell it if someone wanted it.

But that is the idea of the AAC -- you get a Phanton adaptor for multiple rifles. The Phantom works super well as a flash hider -- 95% as well as a Vortex.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
The SEI suppressor has been redesigned for the Armed Forces and for FMS customers with a very fast QD ability: less than two turns to lock.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#4]
That was not the problem. It has a tight fit to the Vortex. You need to force it in and out. And those arms get stuck in and flop around, then when all is said and you -- you are still turning that collar -- which alone is (or was) as much work as putting on a thread-on can. It is a billion times worse than an AAC mount.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That was not the problem. It has a tight fit to the Vortex. You need to force it in and out.

Honestly, mine is not like that.   It's easy to put on and take off.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 5:00:07 PM EDT
[#6]
That is another problem -- they don't just work well on any DC Vortex -- but they have to be matched at the factory to your suppressor. For example, your suppressor will probably fit differently on my Vortex.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:58:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Robert, we need to get together so you can try my Fisher Enterprises suppressor and M1A with the DC Vortex.  My suppressor was not factory fitted to my Vortex.  I got the Vortex before we moved from Nevada in March, 2005.  IIRC, it was around October, 2004 when I received it from Smith Enterprise, Inc.  My suppressor finally got transferred to me in October, 2005.  My DC Vortex met my suppressor on 10/31/05 at Fort Livingroom () and they mated perfectly.  I've got some subsonic 170 grain TTI Armory ammo we could test.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 3:24:23 AM EDT
[#8]
You are welcome over any time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, now I know why I can't get AAC to make the 762-SD flash hider. Cause the market for M14 silencers is FRIGGEN TINY.

Can someone send me the M14 muzzle thread print? I will try once more, and if they say no I will have Mark McWillis make an adaptor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top