Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2006 12:27:15 PM EDT
I did an archive search and found evidence of some cracks in 2001 brass.

Anyone know anything about this most recent batch, recent mfg?  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 1:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive seen two cracks in an old batch (out of a couple thousand rounds). Latest batch looks good. I've been sorting rounds by OAL. Most popular size is 2.788" or so. Longest  rounds are above 2.790" and shortest has been 2.755"  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 2:57:12 PM EDT
[#2]
FYI: There's a thread in the Feedback section of the EE about ammoman.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:17:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I like ammoman and I buy a lot from him. However, I am no fan of the LC marked anything in .223 or .308 from ANY vendor at any time for any price.

This ammo is largely overrated and definitely thrown together stuff.

The XM 193 has all different color primer jackets from one box and while it works, I get two or three distinctly different impact clusters on a 100 yd  target.

The .308 LC??? Crap. Overpriced reloaded crap. The case of 1,000 I bought? You can see the stains on the brass where the M-60 links USED TO BE. You can see the scratches on the brass where they had been in mags before.

For the price, it isn't worth it. I'd rather buy regular commercial ammo. It's better.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#4]
For the money... if you want good 7.62, check out Aimsurplus' SA stuff.  May be old... but still shots great.  Almost all done with my old batch from 6 years ago, dated '84.  Planning on getting another batch soon.

~nb
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I like ammoman and I buy a lot from him. However, I am no fan of the LC marked anything in .223 or .308 from ANY vendor at any time for any price.

This ammo is largely overrated and definitely thrown together stuff.

The XM 193 has all different color primer jackets from one box and while it works, I get two or three distinctly different impact clusters on a 100 yd  target.

The .308 LC??? Crap. Overpriced reloaded crap. The case of 1,000 I bought? You can see the stains on the brass where the M-60 links USED TO BE. You can see the scratches on the brass where they had been in mags before.

For the price, it isn't worth it. I'd rather buy regular commercial ammo. It's better.

So the brass for the XM80 and XM80PD is once fired?   The stuff that I just received has some distint marks around the rim.  Wasn't sure if they were extraction marks or marks left from the manufacturing process.  
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

+1
There's a lot of negative stuff on this guy, and it's not regurgitated hearsay either.

Caveat Emptor.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 2:15:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
There's a lot of negative stuff on this guy, and it's not regurgitated hearsay either.

Caveat Emptor.

he's a thief
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not the vendor. It's the ammo.

It's like TALON.

It's thrown toghether crap - recycled stuff

I'd be very leery of the cases with the tarnish marks from MG links. That means they were either

A. Delinked "ex" MG  ammo and repacked as bulk ammo

or

B. reloaded after having been fired in an MG which means you're waiting for a case separation waiting to happen as the MGs have longer chambers and the brass stretches to conform to it when fired.

There are definite M-14 mag drag marks on some of the cases I examined from the box of 1000 I have.

This is going to be slow rate, bang- observe-bang, stuff with ruptured shell extractor at the bench
ready to go.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 2:34:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's not the vendor. It's the ammo.

No matter what Ammoman is selling, he is the problem.

Look here for link:   Ammoman - vendor from hell
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Ammoman is a punk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top