Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2006 12:19:51 PM EDT
I want some different length 1913 rails to attach to my synthetic stock, and am having the damndest time 1. finding them and 2.  finding them at a reasonable price.  One would think that rail sections wouldn't be THAT much - for the price of three 6" sections I got a 2 piece YHM carbine handguard!  

Has anyone attached the rail sections that are supposed to go on AR handguards?  I've thought of these...
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Madman, I did a couple of installs on my chief's Socom using the Ergo Grip UMP AR-15 Universal Mounting Platform, Brownells part# 573-000-009. Only thing I did different is instead of the nuts they give you I milled a piece of flatstock and drilled & tapped holes to mount up inside the stock. It spreads the load out a bit more and it's just beefier. I'll be doing another one here shortly(probably next week) email me and I'll send you some pictures of it. BTW chief mounted a Surefire Scout light system on his Socom
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 1:33:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:35:02 PM EDT
[#3]

image from www.imageseek.com/karsten/ - thanks karsten!

This is what I'm thinking of.  I think I also found a remotely reasonable rail section - the Yankee Hill Machine rails for the customizable forearm - they come in 12", 9.25", 7", 4", and 3" lengths.  The 3 and 4 inch lengths I think are the best for this - maybe the 7" to replace the standard front swivel.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Blake, that's basically the same setup I use with the Ergo rails. Check out Championgunsights.com as well. They're doing a bottom rail that replaces the forward swivel
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 12:40:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 These may do the trick ???

That's pretty much what I'm looking for, but I was hoping they would be less than $20 for a 4" piece of metal.  Looks like that's what I'll be paying, however.

BUT NOT TO BOTACH!  
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:28:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Humm, My guess would be to ask the guy who installed the rail on the above posted picture from the same guys website where you got the picture from.

Karsten
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, sorry I stole your pic.  You said they were GG&G, right?  I can't find them separately - they seem to only come with their forearm.  Have you done others?  

P.S. I fixed the pic above - thanks again.  Unless you hate me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top