Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2006 1:57:00 PM EDT
Guy I know is trying to sell what he claims is an M21. Is there any way to tell if it is an M21, and not just an M1A that has been built to look like one. The receiver is stamped M1A, has the stock with the adjustable cheek rest, and an ART IV scope.

TIA
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Guy I know is trying to sell what he claims is an M21. Is there any way to tell if it is an M21, and not just an M1A that has been built to look like one. The receiver is stamped M1A, has the stock with the adjustable cheek rest, and an ART IV scope.

TIA

If he has the original box with the sn# on it and description that will also match the tags inside you can tell there. You can also call Springfield on it with the serial number and they'll tell you which model it was when it left the factory or did he turn another M1A into a M21 by changing barrels, stocks and parts, and bedding it to the stock properly?
What's even more of an interest with todays market and how much it's worth, is how many usgi parts does it have? What kind of barrels on it and is it either stainless or chromemoly barrel and how much has it been shot and what is the TE (throut erosion)and ME (muzzle erosion) gauging at? If you get more parts info and the numbers and letters on each one we can tell you more about it to a finer detail.

Springfield M21

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll give SA a call with the SN. Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Your welcome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top