Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 7:35:32 PM EDT
Okay, my father is not an M1A guy.  He is a shotgun man.  He was down in AZ for the winter trap shooting and he asked if I wanted anything at the gunshows.  I asked him to buy a US GI M-14 magazine.  He came home with a new in wrap parkarized mag. On the back spine where my other mags have the BRW and s-1 on them  this one has a five pointed star.  The guy sold this to him as a Genuine Gi mag.  It has all the "official" looking writing on the packaging as well.  anyways, I ran 20 rounds through it no problem.  so, even if it isn't GI it still works.  And that is what REALLY matters.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:01:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Since it works, that's fine.  However, it's not USGI contract manufacture.  It's a fake "GI" magazine wrapped in surplus USGI contract packaging paper.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 11:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Well if it works, use it
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:54:36 PM EDT
[#3]
do you suppose most of the guys selling these at gun shows even know they are fake?  Thank goodness it does work.  I bought a $20 one at Cabela's because I knew I could take it back if it didn't work.  It woudn't even load one round so back it went.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top