Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2006 5:37:03 PM EDT
I just bought a SA M1A Standard and am so tickled. I have owned a Springfield and a Polytech before, and enjoyed both (sold the Poly to buy the used SA, reluctantly sold the SA to help get a Jeep). Now I have a brand spanking new M1A again.
I can't wait to throw some rounds down range.

I went with the Standard as I have no intent of ever competing, and wanted to fill the hole in my "U.S. Military arms of the 20th Century" collection. I now have every major rifle used from '03 to the present in one or more specimens. I figured G.I.'s never had NM, so why should I??? Next will be a Krag to round out the 1st three years of the century.

Anyone have experience or pointers for swapping out the PC flash hider for a USGI one? The bayonette I've had in my gunsafe all this time is lonely...

Time to go load magazines.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:38:40 PM EDT
[#1]
i bought a springfield loaded.  2 years ago.  

thats probably my favorite rifle that i own.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 8:02:15 PM EDT
[#2]
A NM FH with a bayonet lug is what you want.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:57:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I have wanted to buy an M14 for years but I keep putting it off for just one more AR-15, another AR-10, another FAL, another AK, another handgun...  another something...

I would like some advise on the quality of current M1As from Springfiled as I do shot DCM (well I used to) and I would like a decent gun that I could use when my mousegun wasn't allowed...  we have a few 308 only shoots and I know some are limited to just the M1 but a few will allow the M1As.

How is the current quality?  

Do I buy a tricked out gun or do I buy a basic and have someone upgrade it for me?

Is springfield selling these with the proper Non-Ban features again as god knows I would want to mount a bayonet on my DCM/CMP match rifle some day
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:17:28 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I went with the Standard as I have no intent of ever competing, and wanted to fill the hole in my "U.S. Military arms of the 20th Century" collection.

Ditto that. I liked the Standard black stock and even the moonshoe recoil thingy. I just like the Standard model. And so far after two months and 300 or so match reloads I am VERY happy with the reliability and accuracy of this gun. I don't expect to be able to print clover leafs at 300 yards, but I think I can get close.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine is stock but has a NM barrel.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:24:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, knowing a thread is worthless without pics...here it is. I went to the W.A.C. show on saturday to try and find a flash hider with a bayo lug...no dice. I'll be ordering one here tomorrow or so. Still haven't shot it. It looks so pretty, I am kind of afraid to...

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:13:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Zamo nice rifle.

Don't fight the feeling.  Shoot it and enjoy it.

Max
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top