Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2006 1:54:16 PM EDT
Can't decide which Aimpoint to get for my SOCOM 16.  I'm looking for something ideal for mid-range.  I'm kind of debating between the CompM3 & the CompM2.  What do you guys suggest?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#1]
M3. Longer battery life, a 2 MOA dot option, can go deeper underwater (I SCUBA, and would take my rifle just to say I did--if I dove at all in the US) etc, and for only a few dollars more.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:19:41 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Can't decide which Aimpoint to get for my SOCOM 16.  I'm looking for something ideal for mid-range.  I'm kind of debating between the CompM3 & the CompM2.  What do you guys suggest?

x2 for the CompM3, smaller dot and incredible batteries lifetime (50,000 hours with one bat.)

www.aimpoint.com/o.o.i.s?id=258&product_id=115
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:28:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Where's the cheapest place to buy these online?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:51:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the only difference between the M3 and the ML3 the compatability w. NightVisionDevices?  If so it looks like the ML3 would be the better/cheaper way for me to go seeing as I don't plan on using NVD.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you considered this one?

www.aimpoint.com/o.o.i.s?id=262&product_id=20

The 2x magnification works great, even in a scout mount. Parallax-free, both eyes open, no problem. And that little bit of magnification makes a big difference at medium distances.

I LOVE mine...this combo is quickly becoming one of my favorite .308 packages. My G3 and FAL mostly stay at home now when I head to the range.

Have a good one!

Link Posted: 3/21/2006 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Correct, the M3 is NV compatible and the ML3 is the other kind.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks SWEET Timothy.  $427 seems to be the going rate for the ML3 on the web.  Now I just need to decide between the 4MOA & 2MOA.  I read something that says the 4MOA is better balanced for speed & accuracy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:57:39 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Looks SWEET Timothy.  $427 seems to be the going rate for the ML3 on the web.  Now I just need to decide between the 4MOA & 2MOA.  I read something that says the 4MOA is better balanced for speed & accuracy.

My ML2x2 is 2MOA. I have to admit, on most settings, the dot does have slightly fuzzy edges. The 4MOA dot has a cleaner edge, but it covers up more of the target. Kind of depends on what you're looking for. I suggest trying to get your hands on both, if possible, and seeing which you're most comfotable with.

In the end, either is good choice.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:03:53 PM EDT
[#9]
The little "waffle iron" of a mount attached to the barrel gets mighty toasty. When I had my Aimpoint on there it got really friggen hot but it was still okay.
Rifle suffered from too many malfs and I got rid of it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The little "waffle iron" of a mount attached to the barrel gets mighty toasty. When I had my Aimpoint on there it got really friggen hot but it was still okay.

What kind of malfs did you get?
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What kind of malfs did you get?

My saga begins
I e-mailed them several times but never got a response.
I should have taken pics but I bought the gun right to the shop everytime it FUBAR'd
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top