Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2006 4:56:13 PM EDT
I'll be at Camp Perry in September and plan to stop by the CMP store.  I'm thinking of getting CMP Correct Grade and I was wondering why the Harrington & Richardson rifles are $900, but the Springfields are $850?

Since this may be my only M1 purchase, which should I get?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Not as many HRA were made as SA.I'd go with the HRA it will be worth alittle more down the road.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are buying an M1 as a collector, then absolutely get the H&R. If you are buying as a collector that intends to shoot that rifle regularly, then get the one that is in the best condition regardless of manufacturer.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:12:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys.  I did a follow-up to your info and found that SA made about 4.2 million M1s, while HRA made about 420,000.

I'll be back on September with pics of my HRA.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:21:41 PM EDT
[#4]
you just THINK it will be your only m1 purchase.  

go ahead, get one.  take it to the range.  i dare ya...

and take a case of skeet to put on your berm at 75 yards too

one at a time...

very entertaining....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top