Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 3:09:57 PM EDT
How many clicks up from the botom is your 100 yard zero? The book says 8-12 for 100 yards, but mine is 4.

Just curious, how many for you?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:25:05 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends on the rifle, but the 8-12 is average. For my M1 its 11. Nothing wrong with 4 though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:25:02 AM EDT
[#2]

8-12 is average....

I own LOTS of M1's......   My two best issue grade shooters are at 3 and 25.

Best regards,
Swampy

Garands forever
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:26:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#4]
5 clicks. BUT, I do not have issue front sights.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 1:50:49 PM EDT
[#5]
4 and 10 for me. 4 is with T10E (??) sights the latter is with type 3 lockbar.  If this makes a difference.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:00:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
4 and 10 for me. 4 is with T10E (??) sights the latter is with type 3 lockbar.  If this makes a difference.

Excellent point.
Mine is with the T105 post war sight as well. Also, I think my front sight is an IHC as it has the wide ears, visibly wider than the SA sights I had on my first M1.

Prolly should have made this clear in my first post

Swampy, is this relevant?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#7]
My SG SA with the T105E1 sights is the same. 100 yd zero is 4 clicks up.
AFAIK, the front sight is standard issue.
I agree with raf that it is an advantage to have it this way. When I shoot at 600 yds the sight aperature isn't way up in the air like some others I have seen.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:18:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Excellent point.
Mine is with the T105 post war sight as well. Also, I think my front sight is an IHC as it has the wide ears, visibly wider than the SA sights I had on my first M1.

No.    What determines an M1 rifles 100 yd zero is the "tolerance accumulation" in how all the parts fit together, as well as buttstock and handguard pressure against the barrel, harmonics when fired, AND to a lesser extent, the sights.

There should be minimal difference in any set of sights..... lock-bars or post war.   A few clicks at most.   The only caveat would be if the sights have been modified from factory in some way... i.e. the post has been shortened.

Just my two bits,
Swampy

Garands forever
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:52:04 PM EDT
[#9]
You guys made me go count mine.

3 - 100yd

8 to battle zero hash
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 5:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Excellent point.

No.    What determines an M1 rifles 100 yd zero is the "tolerance accumulation" in how all the parts fit together, as well as buttstock and handguard pressure against the barrel, harmonics when fired, AND to a lesser extent, the sights.

There should be minimal difference in any set of sights..... lock-bars or post war.   A few clicks at most.   The only caveat would be if the sights have been modified from factory in some way... i.e. the post has been shortened.

Just my two bits,
Swampy

Garands forever

Good stuff to know!!  I kinda wondered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top