Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2006 8:31:01 AM EDT
I recently purchased a PolyTech M14. It came with a parkerized scope mount and instructions, but I cannot determine exactly what I have and what rings I need to purchase.

It says

"R and D Reaume\Southgate, MI

The NATO (steel) scope mounts # AT 8038-1 were machined to accomodate "Millet" scope rings No. TP00002; other makes of rings may be dimensionally compatible (3/8 dove-tail)."

When I search the internet for Millet TP00002, I find scope rings that look like they fit the mount, but they are described as .22 rings. I'm concerned about the construction/durability of these rings.

Any comments?
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#1]
A lot depends on what scope you plan on using. Most M1A's will require either a medium or a high ring height. There is a FAQ covering which height you might need at Fulton Armory. A 40mm objective should only need a medium ring, while a 50mm might require a high ring.

I have a SEI Crazy Horse mount on my M1A, and a Leupold 3-9x40. I use Leupold Q/R medium rings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top