Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 3:33:52 PM EDT
Its been sittin in my safe for a few months I've shot it once since I purchased it form the local gunshop and I never bothered to have it checked out. It shoots great by the way
Serial number 146898
when I look through the handguard at the barrel I see:HR7790190 10 62 AG
When I take out the trigger assembly on the side of it says 7267030 SA
Any help would be appreciated.
I bought it as a Standard model,
Thanks mag162
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Call Springfield Customer service and give them the Serial #.  

They will tell you exactly when/how it was shipped.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:52:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you sir
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Its been sittin in my safe for a few months I've shot it once since I purchased it form the local gunshop and I never bothered to have it checked out. It shoots great by the way
Serial number 146898
Thanks mag162

Your M1A likely left the factory in August or September, 2002.  You have a USGI Harrington & Richardson chromium plated M14 barrel made in October, 1962.  The trigger housing is USGI Springfield Armory manufacture.  There will be more markings on the bolt and operating rod and possibly the hammer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 10:55:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Serial number 146898
Thanks mag162

Your M1A likely left the factory in August or September, 2002.  You have a USGI Harrington & Richardson chromium plated M14 barrel made in October, 1962.  The trigger housing is USGI Springfield Armory manufacture.  There will be more markings on the bolt and operating rod and possibly the hammer.

That would be chrome lined wouldn't it?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:27:06 AM EDT
[#5]
your rifle is a safe queen. there I told you.  
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 1:42:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Serial number 146898
Thanks mag162

The barrel bore and chamber have a thin solid layer of chromium on its surface.  The chromium is  0.0015 " thick at the breech end of the rifling and is tapered to a thickness of 0.001 " at the muzzle.  This finish is applied by plating.  Reference: October, 1961 American Rifleman page 26.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Half a dozen of one, six of the other.

Me, I'm just waiting for the day I see Different use the term "chrome" anything instead of chromium. I will then know the apocolypse is upon us, the end is near,plague of locusts on the way, etc, etc.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top