Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/8/2006 10:55:40 AM EDT
Ordered an "As New" stock w/ "very good to excellent buttplate". The stock fits the description. It's clearly been on a rifle (even had a paper glued under the butt plate that said E -11 W -0). Part of my ongoing Polytech project that is moving ahead one....... step........ at a time.............Trigger job is happening now and unitizing will be next. Just installed a Sadlak op spring guide. Beautiful thing.
ETA - it's a synthetic for $60.00. I'm a believer in synthetic. I'm hoping  the fit is good and won't need bedding. If not, it'll be going to Ronnie Morris.  Pretty decent and came w/ a handguard and assorted paperwork.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Been thinking about going to a synthetic stock for my M1A.  Anyone know the general condition of Fred Syn stocks that go for under $100?

Did you choose wood or synthetic?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered the "As New, Synthetic, w/exc-as new buttplate - An as new stock with an exc-as new buttplate (most of the buttplates will be as new - a nice combination, nearly as good-lookin as the Presentation Grade, at far less the cost!  It's priced at $85.00.

The package even contained items that I did not order.  I thought it was Christmas in February.  I was very happy with the condition of the synthetic stock and the time it took for it to arrive.  I definitely recommend ordering from Fred.

http://www.fredsm14stocks.com/catalog/stocks.asp
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top