Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 10:51:18 PM EDT
Been looking into a standard M1A CA version, is it wort the money?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:58:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had a few over the years, and currently own 3. The latest is a 2/06 production National Match NW. It shoots better than my trusty ol '86 model NM, but not much better, and will throw 168gr BTHP Back Hills into 3" @ 300m. (Scoped off a bench) The triggers are superb. Some folks are USGI die-hards, but I think a lot of that is nostalgia. New ones have some very minor corrections to improve some shortcomings of the original design, but the old ones are world class firearms just the same. The only one I cant adjust to is the SOCOM. A fine piece, but not very user friendly, in my humble opinion. (I'd still own one!)
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:41:09 AM EDT
[#2]
It's worth it.

Why?

Lifetime Warranty!

They're not AR's, so troubleshooting is not as easy.  If you break an op rod, send it back.  Bolt goes south, sent it back.  It'll come back to you all fixed up.

Besides, everyone should have an M1A in CA.

Tony
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top