Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 2:34:59 PM EDT
I'm thinking of churching up my poltech and am curious if teh SEI gas lock fs, extended bolt stop, and the scope mount will fit. Also are these, specificaly the scope mount, do it your self kinda stuff or would I need to send it to a smith.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The Chinese barrel has metric threads so the SEI GLFS won't thread to a Chinese barrel.  The Chinese bolt lock pin is wider than USGI specification so it won't fit in a USGI or SEI bolt lock.  The SEI scope mount will fit to a Chinese receiver without hassle.

You can install the scope mount yourself but be careful not to over torque the main bolt.  See the online M14 Scope Mount FAQ at www.imageseek.com/m1a for further discussion.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Different, I am confused. Are you saying that the extended bolt release won't fit in a polytech reciever?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Different, I am confused. Are you saying that the extended bolt release won't fit in a polytech reciever?

The Chinese pin is too wide for the SEI extended bolt lock.  If you use an American pin with the SEI extended bolt lock, the pin will be loose in the Chinese receiver.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Well ain't that some shit. Thanks for the info Different. So much for bringing new life to the polytech.  I guess its time to sell the old girl and some other stuff ,and get that damn Socom. I had to go and play with one yesterday and well.....you all can figure out the rest.

-warner
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The Chinese pin is too wide for the SEI extended bolt lock.  If you use an American pin with the SEI extended bolt lock, the pin will be loose in the Chinese receiver.

Ron Smith @ SEI is currently building another MK14 type rifle for me on my Norinco receiver.
Among other things it will have an SEI EBS installed.
Maybe SEI fabricates a custom pin or uses some other proprietary method.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:49:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ron Smith @ SEI is currently building another MK14 type rifle for me on my Norinco receiver.
Among other things it will have an SEI EBS installed.
Maybe SEI fabricates a custom pin or uses some other proprietary method.

YMMV but my reference is M14 gunsmith warbird as he discusses here:

www.m-14forum.com/showthread.php?t=18239&page=2&pp=10

I don't own a Chinese receiver.  Otherwise, I would compare the bolt lock pins to the receiver.  This sounds like a job for a reputable M14 gunsmith like Smith Enterprise or Warbird's Custom Guns.  It's not for the WECSOG graduate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top