Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 4:50:06 PM EDT
What type of accuracy can be expected with a Service or Field grade M1 from CMP?  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#1]
A service grade should be 4 MOA or better.

FWIW, I've got an SG, FG, and RG, and all will do better than 4 MOA.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for the info.  I am planning on purchasing a Garand and just wanted to have an idea of the accuracy i should expect.  

Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:15:59 AM EDT
[#3]
The rifles usually are capable of tighter groups than most shooters can hold.

Not unusual to cover an 8 round group at 100 yds with a silver dollar, using quality ammo.  I have found FNM-M2 ball to be the most accurate.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 5:18:41 AM EDT
[#4]
My wartime SA with handloads is just a tad over M.O.A.@100yards in five round groupings. All you need is load developement and to try different surplus ammo.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks again guys.  My "source" is going to CMP within the next two weeks to pick up my Garand.  I am having him hand pick a rack grade so I am hopeful it will shoot reasonably well.  

I will post pics when I figure out how.  Wish me luck!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#6]
My Greek HRA Service grade with surplus Korean M2 at 100yds.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top