Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 6:34:53 PM EDT
What are my options for scope mounts?

I really dig the Smith Enterprises parts, but at $275 and $325, that's a bit too much for me.

I know Springfield has one, A.R.M.S. has one, but that's about it.

Any reccomendations?  Any horror stories, warnings to keep away from a particular mount (and why)??

Many thanks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:37:53 PM EDT
[#1]
tag
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:47:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Go with the Sadlak, or the Smith, spend the $$$,  If you can use weaver rails this is the best deal ANYWHERE
http://www.smithenterprise.com/products15.html

Jeffrey
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#3]
the Springfield mounts suck!!! Trust me, bought one and returned it the next day. i have the ARMS mount now. its also sits the lowest out of all the mounts on the reciever. highly recommended. A++
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Smith or Brookfield, if you can find one.  Only consider ARMS if you can't get a Smith or Brookfield.

SA are crap.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#5]
one the smith website they have model 2005(weaver)  on sale for $105. its on the sale page. I just bought one. I hear they are excellent
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Go with the Sadlak, or the Smith, spend the $$$,  If you can use weaver rails this is the best deal ANYWHERE
http://www.smithenterprise.com/products15.html

Jeffrey

-----

This is the deal of deals.  I already have the p/n 2006 NSN mount and just couldn't pass up getting this weaver mount, as well.  Just do it.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:48:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I had one of the cheap china ones I pick up at a gun show for $30. It is a copy of the Springfield inc. Used lots of lock tight to keep it on. When I didn't use the lock tight it would start to loosen up after a few rounds.

Only took it out once after I locktighted it. Seam to hold the 0 fine for the 1st 30 rounds. Till my last 10 rounds. Then it started moving to the right. Not sure if it was the mount or the rifle getting hot.

Have a ARMS on order now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:10:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I bought the smith enterprise mount 2006   and rings  7002.     for having no gunsmith knowledge it was installed in no time.    

I emailed him with a couple questions.  I forgot my email leaves a signature(with my name and phone number)   he called me within 10min  answered all my questions.  i would suggest Smith Enterprise

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:53:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Smith Enterprises is good people, high quality products, "family" old school service.  Their mounts and rings are the best.  They know the M14.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top