Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 5:53:53 AM EDT

Twenty two days after sending in my order-form and application to the CMP, my "Collector Grade" Harrington & Richardson Arms Garand arrived Fed Ex to my door. According to the CMP, the HRA collector grade has all original finish from the manufacturer and all original matching HRA parts. Upon inspection, I verified this to be true.

The metal looks to be unfired. The bolt-face doesn't have a mark on it and looks new. Wear on the reciever and operating handle looks like the action was cycled by hand a few dozen times, and that's it. The stock has lots of dings and scratches, I'm assuming from 50 years of storage and being moved around the world a few times. Maybe the rifle was drilled with, but it appears to have never been fired.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:06:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks great. This past Monday my friend and I went shooting some of our Cmp Garands . We put up a steel 10" gong target at 200 yards. My AR would just wiggle it but the M1's would really make it gong and swing. Congrats and enjoy it. You bought yourself a real piece of American history. Nick
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Beautiful rifle TacticalStrat.  I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Correct Grade SA M1 Garand.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:39:44 AM EDT
[#3]

America. What a country... The gov't will actually sell you a gun.

I hate you all

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:05:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Very Very nice, HRA sure made some nice ones. The finish was finished nicer then most of the other makers.

If you don't mind me asking, what does the CMP get for a collector grade now?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Very Very nice, HRA sure made some nice ones. The finish was finished nicer then most of the other makers.

If you don't mind me asking, what does the CMP get for a collector grade now?

Thank you. They get $1400
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:13:17 PM EDT
[#6]
What did you use to clean of the cosmoline?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:04:36 PM EDT
[#7]
That is a beautiful rifle. I hope that have many years of enjoyment with it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:48:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What did you use to clean of the cosmoline?

It wasn't bad at all. There was hardly any cosmoline on it. Just a light coat. 10 minutes of rubbing with a rag and it was all gone.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#9]
You  have a very beautiful rifle! I find M1s to be quite addictive...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top