Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2006 6:51:11 AM EDT
Well I finally changed my order with the CMP from a USGI HRA to a field grade winnie.I gave up on the hopes that my USGI would come in after a year waiting.Will post pics as soon as it arrives.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:14:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't know they had any left?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#2]
My FG Winnie showed up Wed.  Took 30 days from order mailed to rifle received.  In short (haven't taken pics yet):

metal is a good as can be expected.  Only Winchester parts are the receiver and gas cylinder(everything else is SA).
Barrel appears to meet service grade criteria (2-53 SA) accodring to my stone axe tool (3.5 TE, 2-2.5 ME), came full of crap, but cleaned up nice.
Stock is salvagable, however both handguards are worthless (all three pieces are euro beech blonde- hideous IMHO).  Probably will replace the entire set ASAP with a CMP set.

Overall I think I got what I expected, certainly what was advertised.   Pics to follow this weekend.

Now I just need an H&R to complete the foursome.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag for pics.  Sound just like my Winchester FG that I received last week.   Although my stock is pretty rough, it is USGI Springfield at least, in fact a fresh coat of Minwax Tung Oil is drying on it as I type!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top