Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/21/2006 3:15:30 PM EDT
Have any of you ever tried to put a Trijicon Reflex on a M1A Scout rifle?  Does the set-up work fairly well.  I'm switching from an M16 to the Scout rifle as a patrol carbine and already own a Trijicon, so I wanted to know if anyone had any feedback on that setup..
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 5:50:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Have any of you ever tried to put a Trijicon Reflex on a M1A Scout rifle?  Does the set-up work fairly well.  I'm switching from an M16 to the Scout rifle as a patrol carbine and already own a Trijicon, so I wanted to know if anyone had any feedback on that setup..

I've mounted a Reflex on my SOCOM but never took it to the range. I'm going to use longer range glass on there. I liked it....really fast and easy.

As long as you have the polarizer on the Reflex, I'd say you're good to go....no matter what the soon to post detractors say.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  I appreciate the review.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#3]
With the lowest mount that trijicon makes for the reflex, how high up is the dot in relation to the top of the picatinny rail? I have been very interested in this application of a reflex myself (albeit on a CQB sage stocked M1a bush), however have hesitated for fear that it will sit uncomfortably high (think chin weld!)

Thanks...

Brobee
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:10:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I also was interested in putting the Trijicon NSN reflex from my M4 on my scout.  I tried it (briefly) at the range, but the standard adapter that comes with the reflex sits way too high for my liking.  I've seen low-profile adapters online but haven't tried one yet.  If you go with this setup, I'd be interested to hear which mount you select and how you like it.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
With the lowest mount that trijicon makes for the reflex, how high up is the dot in relation to the top of the picatinny rail? I have been very interested in this application of a reflex myself (albeit on a CQB sage stocked M1a bush), however have hesitated for fear that it will sit uncomfortably high (think chin weld!)

Thanks...

Brobee

Which SAGE stock do you have?  I have the ACLS and the cheek rest adjusts incredibly high...

Me personally, sell the Trij Reflex, buy one of the INexpensive red-dots (burris for ~$150) and spend the extra cash from the sale on ammo...

BTW, I despise the reflex after encountering/enduring its many nuances!  I'd rather go IRON sights than deal with a reflex washing out.

~Will
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Which SAGE stock do you have?  I have the ACLS and the cheek rest adjusts incredibly high...

Me personally, sell the Trij Reflex, buy one of the Inexpensive red-dots (burris for ~$150) and spend the extra cash from the sale on ammo...

BTW, I despise the reflex after encountering/enduring its many nuances!  I'd rather go IRON sights than deal with a reflex washing out.

~Will

I have several of the CQB stocks and one of the standard SAGE rear end stocks. The cheek rest on the standard SAGE also adjusts extremely high, however I don't like it nearly as much as the more nimble CQB. I'm currently using the CQBs with either irons (preferred) or a Dr Optik Military. I was just wondering how high the trijicon reflex sits as compared to the Dr.

Brobee
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top