3 - Correct Grade M1 Garands
or...
1 - LRB Arms M-14
ETA:
or...
2 - SA, Inc M1A Standard Models
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:38:59 AM EDT
[#1]
You can only fire one gun at a time. I say go LRB.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:47:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You can only fire one gun at a time. I say go LRB.

Do you own one?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 2:54:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got a SA standard. I've added the recoil buffer (~$5 I think), mags (~$10 to $15 each), Vortex flash hider from Smith Enterprises (~$60), SEI Hk style front sight/gas lock (~$35), Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 (~$300), and the crown jewel of scope mounts, the SEI Crazy Horse 7" extended see-thru version, part #2008 (~$below retail), which by the way, is the only one I know of in civlian owned hands, which is marked "Property of USAF". (I'm active AF, but it's on my privately owned weapon.) All other mounts will not be marked as such, I got the last of a run made for USAF Pararescue.

Anyways, long story short, get the M1A. If you can afford the LRB, I say go for it. Or a Fulton Armory. I've had no problems with mine, but I would have bought more if I could afford it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:02:08 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've got a SA standard. I've added the recoil buffer (~$5 I think), mags (~$10 to $15 each), Vortex flash hider from Smith Enterprises (~$60), SEI Hk style front sight/gas lock (~$35), Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 (~$300), and the crown jewel of scope mounts, the SEI Crazy Horse 7" extended see-thru version, part #2008 (~$below retail), which by the way, is the only one I know of in civlian owned hands, which is marked "Property of USAF". (I'm active AF, but it's on my privately owned weapon.) All other mounts will not be marked as such, I got the last of a run made for USAF Pararescue.

Anyways, long story short, get the M1A. If you can afford the LRB, I say go for it. Or a Fulton Armory. I've had no problems with mine, but I would have bought more if I could afford it.

One of the issues with FA is the loooong turn around time.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 3:07:33 AM EDT
[#5]
That's true about FA. Go for the LRB then. No sense really owning multiple long guns in the same configuration, unless you're starting up your own armory. (Here comes a flame for that comment, I'm sure of it.)

Save the rest of the cash for mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 6:23:07 AM EDT
[#6]
You want a LRB
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:06:13 AM EDT
[#7]
I say borrow against next year's refund and get two LRBs.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Just get a Standard, accessorize it to your tastes... and then get some sort of carbine .308 MBR for close-up work. I got my tax return a couple weeks ago, got a Standard and scoped it,  and am now deciding whether my next purchase will be a G3/HK91 variant or maybe a Socom. Could also be a carbine AR to go with my HBAR.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You want a LRB

Yes master...I want an LRB...I want an LRB...I want an LRB...

You know, I'm also looking into a PTR-91 (please don't laugh)

Anyone know about these M-14 mags from Brownells?  Clicky here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top