Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2006 1:47:28 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm kinda new to m14's...  Picked up an LRB roughly a year ago.  Was at the range today and the charging handle became separated from the bolt assembly when charging on the first round of a mag.  Is this normal?  There is some play in the charging handle.  I simply tucked it back in there and function tested a few times and it seems like it's good to go, I just want to make sure...  Let me know please...

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:25:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I had the exact same issue with my Springfield Scout.
The op rod was replaced under warranty - problem solved.

HTH ~
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd give Lou a call at LRB and ask him.  He seems like a straight shooter IMHO.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:30:19 PM EDT
[#3]
most likely your oprod tab is worn out.  Alternatively, the track on the receiver could be too wide.  But a worn oprod tab is most likely.  Warbirdcan weld material and reshape it back to original specs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top