Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 3:27:22 PM EDT

Does anybody here know who can repair a worn operating rod ? I know Warbird does it
but I don't care to deal with him .
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Ask Ted Brown  in a week or Dan at West Texas Armory.  Both do outstanding work.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:13:11 AM EDT
[#2]

I purchased an Op rod from Dan .  If I remember correctly , he said that he didn't repair them .
I need the tab welded and machined .  I'll try Ted .   Thanks
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:43:54 PM EDT
[#3]
warbird can fix it he doe's a nice rebuilding op rod tabs for about 35.00 tabs his web site is posted on www.m-14forums.com
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:34:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 Does anybody here know who can repair a worn operating rod ? I know Warbird does it

Did you have a bad experience with him?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:47:28 AM EDT
[#5]
If your oprod needs to be rebuilt such as the piston, tab, or needs to be rebent, call or email Jim Swartz at [email protected], or call him at 614-834-4895 ( OH ). He rebuilds a lot of the oprods for some of the big name smiths.

Shamlessly stolen from the Battlerifles site.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:15:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Took him a week to answer my initial e-mail . I had a follow up question . Another week .
When I asked for a shipping address , he said he had no record of quoting me for work . He
wanted those e-mails forwarded to him . I did .  Never heard from him again .

I won't beg anybody to take my money .     BTW , Mrs. Swartz responded to my
e-mail almost immediately .  Jim's gonna get my business .  AND he's a GCA member to boot .
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:47:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Took him a week to answer my initial e-mail . I had a follow up question . Another week .
When I asked for a shipping address , he said he had no record of quoting me for work . He
wanted those e-mails forwarded to him . I did .  Never heard from him again .

I won't beg anybody to take my money .     BTW , Mrs. Swartz responded to my
e-mail almost immediately .  Jim's gonna get my business .  AND he's a GCA member to boot .

Thats good to know.  Things must have changed with him.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:58:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Just so everybody is clear on this , I am NOT commenting on the quality of his
   work .  I know he is highly recommended on this and other forums .  THere is NO other way to contact him except by e-mail . Seven days to respond is unacceptable .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top