Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2006 9:53:20 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a source (book or website) which gives detailed instructions for building .30 Carbines? (I.E. barrell installation, headspacing, chamber cutting, piston installation etc,)

Thanks

Sorry, ment to post this in the General area.

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Everything you should need:

www.sydweedon.com/kuhnhausen.asp
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats just what I'm lookin for!  Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Everything you should need:

www.sydweedon.com/kuhnhausen.asp

Beat me to it.
Kuhnhausen has everything you will ever need.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 4:47:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Where did you buy your parts kit and receiver?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:12:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't have a kit yet.   I've ordered the book and gonna give it a good read before I start buying parts.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Great, good luck!
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:33:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Anyone know about this Syd guy?  I'm trying to order from him and had this rather strange exchange with him.

Me:
Hey Syd, Yesterday I ordered a book. Order #XXXX. I
   have not received the order confirmation email yet. No big deal,
   I'm not tryin to rush you. Just makin sure there's nothing wrong.
   (Don't know if your confirmation email is supposed to be
   automated). I did get the order confirmation page, so I could just
   mail that if you'd like. Let me know. Thanks Have a good one.

Syd:
I received the order as a Puchase Order, meaning that no credit card info was given. The confirmation was sent but it bounced.

(Notice theres no instruction or helpful info here like "I'll send the confirmation to ya" or "Just go ahead and send the check" or "screw it, I don't want your busieness")

Me:
Ok, so should I send a check with a copy of the order confirmation page?

So far, no response.  On his page he has instructions that you should get an emailed confirmation, and enclose it with your check.

I'm kinda in limbo here wondering what to do.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#8]
The CMP has carbine recievers for sale..a lot of them are $150-$175.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 12:53:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Don't have a kit yet.   I've ordered the book and gonna give it a good read before I start buying parts.

You would be better off just saving up and buying one complete. Look around, there is still some good buys out there.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I appreciate the advise.  But I build guns because enjoy learning how, not just for the savings.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I appreciate the advise.  But I build guns because enjoy learning how, not just for the savings.

you don't live in northern VA by chance do you?  I ask 'cause i'm about to do the same thing.
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#12]
No, I sure don't...Missouri...But if I find any worthwhile info (good buys, or building tips) I'll pass them on to you here.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top