Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 4:31:22 PM EDT
I had the pleasure of speaking with Ron Smith, President of Smith Enterprise, Inc., today to get an update on some of the projects they have going on.  Here's some highlights and I know I'm missing some information (my fault):

1) M14 gas cylinders - The cost of gas cylinders on the open market is getting expensive as the board members know.  SEI is looking into making FORGING dies for M14 gas cylinders so they can make their own.

2) M14 trigger housing - SEI is also looking at making M14 trigger housings (not the entire group but just the housing).

3) Wire EDM manufactured tritium front sights are now available for the M1 Garand and M14 rifles.

4) New design scope mount - The new design scope mount is a two piece mount that bolts to the receiver left hand side but the rail portion can be removed to allow a seperate ACOG sight compatible rail portion to be bolted on.  That way, the traditional day rifle sight can remain attached to another rail portion by the rings.  This way, two scopes can be alternated with the same scope mount on one M14 type rifle.  Ron says the U. S. Army 502nd Infantry Regiment is going to purchase this new design SEI scope mount.

5) 18 " M118LR chambered barrel - This is now available in chromium plated and non-plated versions.  The non-plated version is suited for commercial M14 receivers that would be too short for headspacing with the chrome plated version (without cutting into chromium plating).
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#1]
New gas cylinders.... Excelent!!!!

I hope they do it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#2]
How about op-rods?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How about op-rods?

This was not mentioned during my conversation with Ron.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top