Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/9/2006 4:48:58 PM EDT
Gents-

I'm currently shopping around for someone to build up the big pile of M14/M1A parts I have into a rifle.  

I've narrowed it down to a few places, but had a question for those who have had rifles built by Ted Brown Dba Shooters Den.  Specifically, I was curious as to how long his turn around time is?

Any responses would be appreciated, thanks!
Lithgow303

ETA:

Cool!  thanks for the responses guys!  All the builders I was looking at are off at the shot show, so communication with them is limited for the next few days...  

Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:29:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, the most accurate answer for the current turnaround time would probably come from Ted himself. Email him and see what he has to say.

I had him assemble my Fulton receiver into a Bush type last summer. I can't recall specific dates, but from sending the parts to him to getting word it was ready was maybe 2-3 weeks. I'm no gunsmith, but as  far as I can tell, he did a fine job with the rifle and I'm very happy with it. If M14 clone #3 ends up being a ground up build, I'll use him again.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I have ussed Ted on a M1 carbine build. He did a great job in a just a few weeks. Email or call him. WarDawg
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Ted built 2 LRB M14SA's for me back in 2004,got them both back in 2 weeks

Longhunter
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:26:37 PM EDT
[#4]
never used him but the guys over at m14.com have nothing but great things to say about Ted and his work.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:17:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a M1A/Armscorp built by Ted Brown.  The receipt for the work done came with the rifle, that being said Warbird is considerably cheaper although Ive never used either personally.

http://www.warbirdscustomguns.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top