Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 10:15:01 AM EDT
Well I am hunting for more.  Seems like the supply has dried up.  Cole's only has NIW stuff.  Ammoman is out.  Midway USA is out.

Where can I get some mags?  I know Armalite has some.  How about some CMI mags?'

Max
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want USGI, then armalite is selling them for $25.  In regards to checkmate (again USGI), you need to get into a group buy since I don't think anyone is stocking them (50 piece min order from CM).

As for the imported 57's, I just picked up a couple from midwayUSA as $10 a piece, and after pulling them apart and cleaning them, including de-burring the feed lips and the front feed section of the mag, then ran fine.
Note: I bought these to refinish in Duracoat, so keep in mind that the 57 are blued, and will have a spot or two of surface rust.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#2]
+1 to Armalite.  Very happy with mine.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:42:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Rhunter has some good mags (better than ammoman imo) he is active on the EE
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you want USGI, then armalite is selling them for $25.  In regards to checkmate (again USGI), you need to get into a group buy since I don't think anyone is stocking them (50 piece min order from CM).

As for the imported 57's, I just picked up a couple from midwayUSA as $10 a piece, and after pulling them apart and cleaning them, including de-burring the feed lips and the front feed section of the mag, then ran fine.
Note: I bought these to refinish in Duracoat, so keep in mind that the 57 are blued, and will have a spot or two of surface rust.

Do you know the product/item number for the imported 57's at Midway? Or how they had them listed? I just searched their website and don't see them listed...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#5]
sorry to hijack the thread, but whats everyones opinions on the M14/M1A mags through CDNN?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Armalite or check with Quantico Arms.

I picked up some from QA last year at a gunshow for $20 each in very good shape, USGI.

Danny
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:35:52 PM EDT
[#7]
As of right now we're out at QA.  What part of NC are you from?  I might be able to point you in the right direction locally.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:20:10 PM EDT
[#8]
www.dansammo.com

He has Type 57 mags.

ETA. Nevermind, Dan is out.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:57:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I dont know if this has been talked about yet, sorry if it has.  But on my latest purchase from Brownells that just arrived yesterday they had their usual flyer.  Page 1, part number 100-002-320 are Elite Firearms USGI M-14 Mags.    The add says they are orginal, stamped BRW, new unissued.  Price is 39.95.
Not cheap, but not that bad either.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
As of right now we're out at QA.  What part of NC are you from?  I might be able to point you in the right direction locally.

Eastern NC.  Jacksonville

Max
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 1:34:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I dont know if this has been talked about yet, sorry if it has.  But on my latest purchase from Brownells that just arrived yesterday they had their usual flyer.  Page 1, part number 100-002-320 are Elite Firearms USGI M-14 Mags.    The add says they are orginal, stamped BRW, new unissued.  Price is 39.95.
Not cheap, but not that bad either.

CJ Weapons M14 mags

USGI mags
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 7:22:05 PM EDT
[#12]
You could buy the mag bodies,and guts from Elite and build mags for $23 a piece.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Check out

www.44mag.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top