Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2006 6:32:48 PM EDT
I know there've been a ton of these "first order" posts here, so I apologize for another.  I just got confirmation of my order for a Correct Grade Springfield Armory M1 Garand from the CMP.  I've never even fired one before, but I'm very excited to get my first one (90-120 day wait, but that's OK).  I was going to get a Field or Service Grade Garand but then I figured why not go for the Correct Grade right out of the gate.  Hopefully it'll be aesthetically nicer than a FG or SG.

Only 89-119 days to go......
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
While your waiting order some ammo from the CMP. This way you'll have clipped ammo ready to go.By the way my friends correct grade looks liked it spent it's entire life in a rack,un-used.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:24:57 PM EDT
[#2]
How much are the various grades?
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How much are the various grades?

www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy them now before they are all gone.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered my first one, sa fg. I got my cofirnation on the 1-19 and talked to a nice lady about my GCA membership, ironed it out in 30 minutes. So maybe mine will get here soon. The wait to 21 days before you can check on the order are killing me, if you can wait for 60 to 120 days you have my respect.

I hade a garand 10 years ago that I received for free and traded it for a custom rifle, man my rear is soar from kicking myself.

Trade a garand? never again.............Ok maybe for a million garands
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I sent my order off 2 weeks ago and haven't received a confirmation from CMP yet.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:00:47 AM EDT
[#7]
They are the best value in the firearms market these days IMHO.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 5:14:13 AM EDT
[#8]
I was a little pissed to find out how long it was taking my order to get processed, and then to find out that a rack grade was back ordered even though they aren't indicated as such on the website.

I mailed my order in on the 11th of January.  I ordered a rack grade, for shooting "now" and a Service grade for "collecting" as a starter.  I contacted them on the 27th, after not hearing anything, and they said both were on back order.  So I changed my order to a Service grade and Field grade since I had to wait anyway.  I also got a customer number so I could check my order status on-line and according to the e-store, my order wasn't processed until the 24th.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Got my confirmation email an hour ago for a Winchester FG.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Helpful tip number 359:

Please wait the requested 21 days, then call or email and ask where in line you are for a rifle delivery.

For my last Garand I waited 21 days, emailed and found out I was 27th on the waiting list.
4 days later I had my Garand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top