Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2006 11:43:51 AM EDT
I keep seeing receivers for 350 + which i can buy a rifle for 350 from local gunstores ready to go...

theres gotta be someone making a receiver for less that 300 dollars.. right?

Can somone direct me to a website or business phone number that makes these receivers?

once again looking for m1 carbine receivers.

thanks,
AL

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:50:59 AM EDT
[#1]
SARCO usually lists them in their "Shotgun News" ad.  I have no idea on condition.  Otherwise not much.  Carbine parts are getting expensive and scarce.  CMP is supposedly coming out with receivers (or barreled recievers?) this spring.  But I expect that will be a feeding frenzy.  

And where can you buy complete carbines for $350?  For decent USGI that's about half the going rate.  Even Universals are fetching that kind of money or more these days.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I keep seeing receivers for 350 + which i can buy a rifle for 350 from local gunstores ready to go...

theres gotta be someone making a receiver for less that 300 dollars.. right?

Can somone direct me to a website or business phone number that makes these receivers?

once again looking for m1 carbine receivers.

thanks,
AL

The rifles you are seeing for $ 350 "ready to go" are probably not USGI.  They're probably IAI or Kahr or some other commercial manufacture.  Either that or you are coming across deals of the century alot.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#3]
yea, thats very possible. never said they were im not even sure what condition the rifle is in right now.

All i asked was if the guy had any m1 carbines and he said 1 for 350, and that it was out being cleaned right now. still if the guns 350, and any new receivers are 300+ that gun is worth what it has in parts? right?

so dont know exactly what it is until i go up there tommorow.

I bought 1 m1 carbine about 7 years ago for less than 150 as a kit.

then i bought another m1 carbine that had an 80% receiver as a kit gun, and bought that one for 99.00

i still havent bothered finishing that one, because the receiver needs the threads put into it to put the barrel on.. but None of my threaders spin onto the barrel.

So i dont know what type of thread it is, or the exact size.. so thats why i was wondering about buying a 100% receiver.

and i do come across plenty of deals of the century, im special like that he
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top