Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 6:50:52 AM EDT
Another pair of these rec'd. Overall I am very pleased and feel that the CMP sent me rifles that exceeded their descriptions. These were the 3rd and 4th rifles that I have bought from the CMP and were heads and shoulders above my first HRA greek SG and on par with a recent non-greek Springfield SG that was long on backorder. Neither one was slathered in cosmoline

The IHC:
Ser: 5,059,xxx/postage stamp format
80+ black/green park
orig LMR 4-54 barrel
SA Bolt
early forged/milled bullet guide
early SA trigger group w/milled guard, HRA hammer
NEW SA 7790722 Op rod no wear in finish or metal/white x in lug recess?
(wondered why it was so hard to get dismounted)
BME? WCE sights
Stock looks like an HRA profile replacement no proofs/no numbers. possibly birch. small splintered area about 2 inches behind front ferrule left side at top.
Handguards are nice walnut

The WRA:
Ser: 2,442,xxx 12-65 TE electro penciled onto leg
95+ Green Park
SA 5 51 Barrel
SA Bolt
Early SA trigger group w/milled guard
HRA Hammer
SA Op Rod
DRC/WCE sights
Stock looks like an HRA profile replacement, P w/o circle at grip. no numbers. think birch. big spintered area similar to IHC above at front top left edge.
more nicer walnut handguards

Both look like they will make good shooters. The as new op rod was a nice touch as were the small HRA parts that will be moved over to my Greek HRA asap. Any ideas on how to fix the smaller splintered areas on these stocks?

Sorry folks, I am techno special and haven't figured out the digicam yet.

Blitz
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics?
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 2:04:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, you can't leave us hanging without pics!! Congrats, you now have completed a Grand Slam of Garands.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top