Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2006 8:18:02 AM EDT
Got my IHC and WRA Service Grades's in this morning. Don't have time to break them down completely right now.

Very pleased with both. Interesting to note that the IHC had the usual CMP tag attached but the WRA did not.

The IHC sn 46203XX has a LMR 4-54 barrel with a perfect muzzel and a TE of 2. Bore is bright with strong lands and groves. Easily as good as a couple of my correct grades. Breech is not in the white.

Park on receiver and barrel matches (rebuild I'm guessing) and is in great shape. HRA bolt and SA trigger group. Stock is birch with no markings and the rear handgard is walnut. Both are in good shape. Front handgard looks brand new and is very light almost like birch but the grain looks like walnut. Lockup is tight.

Trigger group is SA, bolt is HRA. Op rod SA.

The IHC is a mix master for sure but a very strong service grade weapon. If there is a weakness it is the stock. Probably will change out the wood and look forward to shooting it. If the barrel groups as good as it looks this might become my primary shooter.

WRA (sn 163270XX) is a mixmaster too of course but has a nicer post war SA walnut stock with matching front and rear handgards and a strong DAS stamp. Good lockup. (Should I consider putting this on the IHC?)

Barrel is SA 9-50 TE of 4 with a good muzzel, plenty of bullit showing but less than LMR. Bore is very good. Muzzel is not in the white. SA bolt, SA trigger group and SA op rod.

The only really unusual thing I noticed was that the follower arm was very well worn and had large figures actually cast into it. Looked like 2S*46 with the * being a "dot" and the 4 upside down. ??

Thanks CMP it was worth the ride.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Lucky you!! I didn't make the cut. Congrats!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top