Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2006 4:07:30 PM EDT
Well, finally a used Springfield M1A is making its way back into the shop. It is an Early Springy with a serial # of 945XXX *(at least I think so from memory)*. It has a synthetic buttstock in camo with an adjustable check weld built into the stock, and has the Picatinny mount installed.

What is the going rate for such a beast? I admit I know little of what these guns cost. But I have always wanted one!

Talk to me guys.

Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:57:29 AM EDT
[#1]
nothin...huh?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:04:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
nothin...huh?

Sorry, we ain't trying to be dicks or anything, just need a lot more info as to what the rifle is before anyone can realistically give an accurate value. But if it helps, I'll say, try to get it for about $250 to $300. You should be safe then.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:21:05 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
nothin...huh?

Sorry, we ain't trying to be dicks or anything, just need a lot more info as to what the rifle is before anyone can realistically give an accurate value. But if it helps, I'll say, try to get it for about $250 to $300. You should be safe then.

I listed what info I gathered from the rifle. It's an earlier Springfield M1A with a few upgrades (stock, and rail). I have heard people having problems with the newer M1As from springfield that's why I was interested in the older model.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:23:32 AM EDT
[#4]
If it's an earlier rifle it should have a 5 digit SN#. You really need to see what parts are on it, whether they are GI or not. Stuff like the BBL, op rod, trigger group, bolt, and such, if GI makes a difference on what it is worth. FWIW my 1989 M1A has a SN# beginning with 5, so one with a 9 was probably built in the 90s sometime. I paid 1200 for mine with 1000 rounds of ammo and it was all GI to include the BBL and 5 GI mags. Was not used very much at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top