Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 3:10:34 PM EDT
It took me 2 weeks to get all the necessary paperwork together for my CMP packet, but I finally got it completed today and sent it off by FedEx Priority Overnight for a CMP Service Grade M1 Garand.  I requested a WW2 era serial number from either 1943 or 1944 and I also bought a case of the Greek .30-06 with 768 rounds already installed on enbloc clips.  

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for CMP to contact or e-mail me letting me know they received it and have begun processing it?

I can't wait
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
The CMP is swamped with orders for the IHC's and WRA's right now.. it may take 2 weeks for them to get to your order and enter it and let you know they got it...You probably will get the ammo 1 week after they get your order entered.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The CMP is swamped with orders for the IHC's and WRA's right now.. it may take 2 weeks for them to get to your order and enter it and let you know they got it...You probably will get the ammo 1 week after they get your order entered.

Thanks.

Also, I didn't realize CMP had a location in Alabama.  The order form said to send my packet to Anniston, AL... but I always thought CMP was in Ohio.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:35:24 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll get an email stating that your order is being processed and not to contact them until after 21 days.

My first Garand came to me 5 days after I got that email, the second one took 33 days....
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Also, I didn't realize CMP had a location in Alabama.  The order form said to send my packet to Anniston, AL... but I always thought CMP was in Ohio.

Your rifle will be sent from the Anniston facility.  

Make sure you detail strip ther rifle when you get it.  CMP has been using a pressure washer or steam genny to clean the rifles lately.  They sent out an email to notify people to look for corrosion esp under the rear sight assy.

Enjoy your piece of history, it will arrive soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
CMP has been using a pressure washer or steam genny to clean the rifles lately.  They sent out an email to notify people to look for corrosion esp under the rear sight assy.

Really? I just got mine and it is coated in cosmoline and grease and it looks like it hasen't been apart since then.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
CMP has been using a pressure washer or steam genny to clean the rifles lately.  They sent out an email to notify people to look for corrosion esp under the rear sight assy.

Really? I just got mine and it is coated in cosmoline and grease and it looks like it hasen't been apart since then.

It may just be the Greek rifles, I did see several posts over at jouster wher folks found rust under the sight cover.

I would rather get one like you received.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:21:30 PM EDT
[#7]
here is what CMP said:

RUSTY PINIONS. Recently there have been a few reports of surface rust on
rear sight elevating pinions and on the adjustment notches on the
receiver. This is just a reminder to check and properly clean these areas.
Many of the rifles we have received were coated in heavy preservative and
cosmoline. This preservative is removed using hot water. Even though the
areas are dried and a light coat of oil is applied after cleaning, rust
may still form. We recommend that everyone who has purchased Garands from
the CMP recently check these areas and clean and preserve as necessary.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
here is what CMP said:

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It took me 2 weeks to get all the necessary paperwork together for my CMP packet, but I finally got it completed today and sent it off by FedEx Priority Overnight for a CMP Service Grade M1 Garand.  I requested a WW2 era serial number from either 1943 or 1944 and I also bought a case of the Greek .30-06 with 768 rounds already installed on enbloc clips.  

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for CMP to contact or e-mail me letting me know they received it and have begun processing it?

I can't wait hr

It took a week to the day after USPS delivery confirmation stated the envelope had arrived in Anniston (January 12), until I received the order confirmation request email on 19 January.  I just received a second email on  24 January stating that they have begun processing my order.  From here until delivery day is anyone's guess, but I imagine it will be any day now.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 5:57:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't wait hr

It took a week to the day after USPS delivery confirmation stated the envelope had arrived in Anniston (January 12), until I received the order confirmation request email on 19 January.  I just received a second email on  24 January stating that they have begun processing my order.  From here until delivery day is anyone's guess, but I imagine it will be any day now.  

FedEx attempted delivery this past Friday.  I wasn't home so I went and picked them up at the facility yesterday afternoon.  The entire process from the time I dropped the order in the mail, until receipt was just over two weeks.  Right in line with what lots of others have experienced.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I mailed mine on 12/30/05 and they got it on 1/5/06. As of today my service grade Garand ship date is still "to be determined".
I'm getting antsy but they said it might be the end of Feb before they start shipping
I did get my 2 cases of the greek 768 count ammo though. All I need is a gun.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:28:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Probably because in practice it was a bad idea to do that without the ability to focus on an individual rifle like say a private or individual gun owner would be able to.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#14]
They got my packet on Friday morning.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:32:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Ought to be about two weeks to go until the fun begins.  I've got the field grade completely disassembled following an afternoon of cleaning and cosmoline removal.  Taking a break and letting the CLP soak in for a while before putting it back together.  Out of curiosity, what part of Florida are you in?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Post hijack:
Does anyone keep the cloth bandoleers that come with the surplus ammo?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 11:18:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ought to be about two weeks to go until the fun begins.  I've got the field grade completely disassembled following an afternoon of cleaning and cosmoline removal.  Taking a break and letting the CLP soak in for a while before putting it back together.  Out of curiosity, what part of Florida are you in?

I'm in South Florida... plan to shoot my Garand at the Markham Park range.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#18]
It's been about 2 weeks now and I still haven't heard anything from CMP, no phone call, e-mail confirmation, anything.  Hopefully i'll hear from them sometime this week!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top