Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 4:49:07 AM EDT
Whats a good price to pay for a M14/M1A? Either Brand New or Used? and Where could I find them at that price?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:06:00 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Whats a good price to pay for a M14/M1A? Either Brand New or Used? and Where could I find them at that price?

I think we're going to need a little more information.  What brands are you looking at?  Do you want all GI parts?  Top end, match grade, plinker, what exactly are you after?  With that said, you'll spend about $2000 for an LRB which is arguably worth every penny, has all GI parts, forged receiver, etc.  Fulton Armory you're probably looking at 1500+, mostly GI parts, but cast receiver.  Some say that makes a difference, some don't.  Poly-Tech or Norinco you're probably looking at about $750-900 with no GI parts but a forged receiver.  Some folks will say their parts may be forged, but they are out-of-spec.  I think your best bet would be to find somebody who's selling an old springfield (preferably a safe queen) from the early '90s.  It'll be less than either the LRB or Fulton, will have all GI parts and is arguably higher quality than the chi-com stuff.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your response. I guess I should have been more elaborate on what I wanted.
Basically I want a nice plinker and since I'm on a budget something fairly cheap.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:49:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for your response. I guess I should have been more elaborate on what I wanted.
Basically I want a nice plinker and since I'm on a budget something fairly cheap.

In that case go for a Poly-tech or Norinco.  I've seen used Springfield Armory pieces as low as  $900 at shows.  Those are the new models that have been known to have some problems.  SA is running low on GI parts and is making their own parts now.  Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.  They come with a lifetime warranty so if something does go wrong, Springfield will make it right, but it might take 4 trips back to the factory.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:21:50 PM EDT
[#4]
i have four springfields in different cinfigurations. only problem i ever had
was a stripped out worm gear on a rear sight. easily swapped it out with a GI unit.

stay away from poly or norinco. no warranty with those junks what so ever.
at least springfield will make right if the rifle is 30 years old.

o and i have an armscorp. shoots 1/2 moa at 200 yards. thats no doggie doo doo!!!
plus the one standard model has 13,000 BUMPED rounds without a hitch...
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:00:52 PM EDT
[#5]
If you want a Polytech and you live in or near Indiana, I know a gunshop that has one for $695.  It is unfired.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
ah thats too bad. I live in Florida. Thanks for lookin out though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I would be interested in the Poly for sale in Indiana.
Thanks
Matt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top