Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2006 1:42:15 PM EDT
Went to the range today and had a great time shooting Garands and AR's. I love my 1943 vintage Garand. I only shoot it about once a year since I was told by a reputable/NRA highpower rifle instructor that my Garand was one of the first generation National Match guns put together in the 50's. Anyway, after cleaning AR's after every range session I was pleasantly surprised how easy the Garand was to clean. What t truly fine weapon. I was also surprised that after drifting my front sight for windage, I was able to keep all my shots within about a 3 inch group at 100 yards using old Lake City surplus ammo.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#1]
What no pics?
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 2:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, all I have is a cheesy camera phone pic that I snapped of my Garand. Next time I'll be more prepared.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Where do you shoot?

Rich
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 3:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I was shooting at Marriotsville on the AGC range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top