Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 5:38:48 PM EDT
i bought a aftermarket 20 round mag for my socom and  after each round i must push it back into place as it pops out at each shot.  my factory 10 rounder works flawlessly.  any idea whats wrong with the mag?  at 40 bucks i think i got  ripped.  there are not any markings anywhere on it to indicate the manufacturer
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:41:17 PM EDT
[#1]
For $40.00 you did get ripped, ArmaLites is selling USGI 20 rounders for $25.00
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 3:19:08 AM EDT
[#2]
put an HK G3 mag spring in it and it will work fine. They can be had for $1 a mag.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:45:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Look at your magazine lock up hole.  Insert it and look at the engagement with a flashlight.  

My guess this aftermarket is too low to engage your spring guide catch.  I bet you will need to file the hole higher.

SoS
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Does the mag have a rectangular metal tab spot welded on back? or a raised rectangular protrusion stamped out of the mag body material?

Hint: spot welded tab = good
stamped protrusion = very, very bad (NFG, throw it away)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top