Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2006 4:06:04 PM EDT
Hey guys I have a question on an M14 barrel that I have, its roughly the same profile as a standard USGI barrel but it doesn't have the lightening cuts near the chamber, its marked
"USMC   4 GR   1 12     7 62 MM     6    89"  the surface is blued not parked, and it appears to be chrome lined, but I'm not sure, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#1]
4 grove, 1 in 12 twist, 7.62mm caliber, made in June of 89. My guess it was made up by the USMC marksmenship unit for one of thier match guns.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:51:31 PM EDT
[#2]
With a blued finish, it may have been supplied by Gene Barnett.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm interested, what type of M14 is this barrel on? Do you have pictures of the barrel markings. Sounds like you should have a good shooter...
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds interesting.  Let's see some pictures!  Better yet lets get to gether in Indiana and do some shooting!
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:06:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to see some pics too, if you're able.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry guys I don't have a digital camera,  I assume that this was a barrel that they had used on some type of national match gun at Camp Perry before everyone went to ARs?  Thanks for the info on the barrel, I was looking for a buddy of mine, but I'm not sure I'll let him know because he can be kind of a dumbass...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top