Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2006 3:56:23 PM EDT
I just got my Sportsman Guide Catalog (Spring Shooters). They have new, what appear to be military issues, M14/M1A Magazines for $29.95 or 3 for 79.97.

If you go to their webpage, you can do a close up of the magazine wrapper, which appears to be a military issue wrapper with NSN.  I ordered 3 and will post a report on the quality when they arrive.

Sportsman Guide M1A Magazines

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I just finished looking at the same catalog just a couple hours after ordering five mags from Armalite.  Still tempted to get three of these, but I think I'll wait to hear what you think of them first.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:28:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Those may be military but they are not USGI.  See here
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:40:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw that ad as well. I decided to pass. I've been bitten by SG too many times.
If it's too good to be true then you can bet it's not true when it comes to SG.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry guys, I don't get it.
I've bought plenty of Armalite's US GI NEW surplus mags. I'm talking around 40 total. Every one of them is flawless, genuine, brand new, parkerized and cheaper than what the SG, or anyone else for that matter is selling them for. I think Armalite is slightly high on the freight, but the product is the real deal.
I buy THOUSANDS of rounds of the 7.62 linked Port from SG. I'm not a dissatisfied customer of SG, but why spend more with them, when Armalite is tried and proven?
Just my 2cents
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:44:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sorry guys, I don't get it.
I've bought plenty of Armalite's US GI NEW surplus mags. I'm talking around 40 total. Every one of them is flawless, genuine, brand new, parkerized and cheaper than what the SG, or anyone else for that matter is selling them for. I think Armalite is slightly high on the freight, but the product is the real deal.
I buy THOUSANDS of rounds of the 7.62 linked Port from SG. I'm not a dissatisfied customer of SG, but why spend more with them, when Armalite is tried and proven?
Just my 2cents

I wish I had posted about the SG special before I ordered. I didn't know that Armalite had these at a lower price.

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
They said "mil-spec" not "USGI".    
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 11:10:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Gargoyle hit the nail on the head.
Big difference between milspec and USGI. Funny thing is, I see them used, rusted and beat to shit for $35 each at gunshops
I've bought three batches of 12-15. They are not refinished, they are brand spankin new, altho some of the latest(couple of months ago)  have parkerized followers, I've never seen that before. Some might have a spot or two of surface rust............so what? They could be 30-40 years old. I have noticed every time I've reordered, it's taken Armalite a little longer to process the order. Makes me wonder if they have to bring them in from another location.
Bottom line, they are the real deal, all different manufactures, but if you check with Fulton Armory, markings are all correct, you will not find a better deal for the real deal. If for any reason you are not happy, Armalite will make it right. I read that right here.
Leave me a few more, I'm going to let Lou at LRB build me one....well ok, maybe two more, then I'm done....I promise....yeah right
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 2:25:27 AM EDT
[#8]
keep posting the locations you get mags... soon they will be gone too. Did you really have to tell them about my FA supply?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top