Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/18/2006 9:05:25 AM EDT
I recently saw an otherwise minty USGI M14 op rod at gunshow. It was clearly bent out of the axis of the rod, to where the tab would probably not have made contact with the receiver. Not a hard crease bend. Just bowed out of spec.

Is there anything that can be done for this?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:17:33 AM EDT
[#1]
How about  this then.

Anybody have any experience with op rods that were out of spec at all?

JR
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 10:57:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I recently saw an otherwise minty USGI M14 op rod at gunshow. It was clearly bent out of the axis of the rod, to where the tab would probably not have made contact with the receiver. Not a hard crease bend. Just bowed out of spec.

Is there anything that can be done for this?

If the price is right, why not straighten it out?
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:08:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I believe the original post is a question on how to do exactly that.  Trust me, you don't just put it in a vise and start tugging like you can with a Garand op rod...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#4]
It's pretty common.

I use a 20T press when "fitting" less than perfect Op Rods. It goes without saying that judiciously applied finesse must be used...
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe the original post is a question on how to do exactly that.  Trust me, you don't just put it in a vise and start tugging like you can with a Garand op rod...

Hahahamala...

I'll bet you cant.

Actualy Southern I found another even worse than the one you saw. But at what there going for I'd rather rescue one and spend on a new bolt.

20 ton press eh?

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top