Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2006 7:35:23 PM EDT
Rifle: SA M1A STD Walnut
Ammo: Port NATO
Temp: 32 F
GRP Size: 1.5" 4 shot group stringing from 12 to 10 o'clock position on the bull.  (100yds)

After giving the little lady a Tetra grease manicure, I took the new rifle out to the back 40 today for a FAM fire.  Placed my IPSC steel plate at the 100 and shot from a sitting position from out the truck cab.  By luck, the mechanical zero so happend to be the flushed out settings on windage and elevation.  SO, after getting a feel for the new gun I started picking out spots on the plate I wanted to hit and hit them with ease.   I got out of the truck and rambled around a little out in the field and spot shot some dirt clods between 100-200yds from the standing and exploded most with a single shot.   Based upon my initial FAM fire today I am happy with the rig.  

Tomorrow starts the accuracy test with the rifle bagged in with a butterfly "Bulls bag" and firing from the prone.  

Happy times!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Good Deal!

It's nice to hear how well they shoot and how much fun they are.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:36:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that FNM or BF Port?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:19:49 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the difference?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What is the difference?

The head stamp. All of the FNM port that I have seen has been on machine gun links. The BF port was in battle packs.

I have both and the FNM seems to be less accurate than the BF port.

I was just curious, thats all.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:47:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought it in battlepacks, so it would be BF.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top