Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2006 9:23:26 AM EDT
Just missed a deal on a Rock Island (?) M1 Carbine.  $200 for the rifle in 900 rnds of .30 carbine.  Rifle was in great shape and was supposed to be original.  My girlfriends dad works with a guy who is sick and selling his collection.  He told my girlfriend to tell me about it on Monday, but she forgot.  He reminded her on Wed and I said I'd take it, but it was too late.  Damn...I dont' know much about M1 Carbines but I know that I missed a great deal.  Factoring in the ammo it would have ended up being like $100 for the rifle.  Missed it...but did pick up a Rem 700 Varmint with wood stock and Redfield scope for $270.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm... me thinks you need to forget about your girlfriend's birthday present sometime. Or you could "forget" that she is your girlfriend...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Rockola Carbine, as in the old juke box people.  It today's market, original and unaltered (a big if) that could have been $800 or better.  Even if it was a rebuilt import, it's still good for $500.  Not including the ammo.  

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#3]
There was an ad in the local paper a couple of months back for someone selling a complete M1 Carbine barreled action for $175.  I called and was told that it had taken a week or so to sell because people didn't realize that it was just the barreled action and didn't want it.  When I asked what make it was I was told "Oh, it was marked Winchester".  And yes, it was a complete barreled action with bolt, op rod, barrel bands, etc.

I still kicking myself for not seeing the ad sooner........    
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#4]
There was a guy locally who had 2 USGI carbines for $275 each.  I missed them by 20 minutes.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top