Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 8:47:14 AM EDT
This is for sale on a German auction site, too bad they aren't available here

"Systemgehäuse für das M14 von Winchester. Beschriftung: US-Rifle 7,62MM. Mit Feuerwahlhebel, Feder und Betätigungsgestänge für Full Auto. Das Gehäuse ist unbenutzt, ohne Gebrauchsspuren.

"Receiver for the M14 made bby Winchester. Description: US Rifle 7.62m. With fire selector lever, spring, and operational parts for full auto. The reciever is unused, no wear marks"

Bid is 49. euro, about $60.00

rk
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#1]
No sear release, selector shaft or selector shaft pin.  Nonetheless, if I could, I'd be happy to call it mine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but once a barrel is installed on the receiver it is THEN a firearm in Germany.  The assembled rifle has to be proof round tested according to a gun dealer in Germany I have been corresponding with.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#2]
$60 ???  Jeeeez, that is just sickening, and so terribly wrong.
What's a Transferrable Win M14 worth in the US today?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd buy ten of them!!!  I can't believe US history is sellable in Germany but not here in the US
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#5]
If the ATF would change their "once a machinegun, always a machinegun" rule, you could mill off that rear tab and have a semi-auto-only forged receiver -- and there would be a HUGE market for that.

Can you even begin to imagine what ODCMP could get away with charging folks for a surplus semi-auto-only M14?  $3-4K easily?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If the ATF would change their "once a machinegun, always a machinegun" rule, you could mill off that rear tab and have a semi-auto-only forged receiver -- and there would be a HUGE market for that.

Can you even begin to imagine what ODCMP could get away with charging folks for a surplus semi-auto-only M14?  $3-4K easily?

If a frog had a pistol, a snake wouldn't f**k with him
If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.
If Americans were still Americans, silly things like the BATF, NFA34, CGA68, FOPA86 would not exist at all.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
$60 ???  Jeeeez, that is just sickening, and so terribly wrong.
What's a Transferrable Win M14 worth in the US today?  

$25 or 30k for a usgi one.  

Edit: In Germany I think they have to register the barrel and the bolt along with the receiver.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Before you folks think that it is such a good idea to be German, I believe firearms laws are super strict.  You are ALLOWED to own a maximum of 3 pistols in a life time.  That is why conversion kits for different calibers are popular in the Deutchland.  You can only have one pound of smokesless powder per year.  It takes you over a year to get a permit for a firearm.  You have to take the good with the bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top