Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2006 2:00:52 PM EDT
What is modded on them to make them work?

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:31:52 PM EDT
[#1]
My mags worked in both rifles. If I remember right, all they do is "notch" the M14 mag to fit in the AR10 and modify the follower to work with the bolt catch.
Mine ran flawlessly through my M14 but because of the modified follower, would not hold the bolt open on the last shot.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:42:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:41:24 AM EDT
[#3]
If I remember correctly, to be legal under the ban they had to still function in the weapon they were designed for after modification. In other words, they had to work in both. I think you did get a new mag body, but to be legal it had to function in an M14/M1A also.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:54:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe the M-14 mag will stop the bolt of the AR before it strips the last round. Modified bodies work in both with the proper follower.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top