Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2006 1:11:52 PM EDT
Can someone tell me the differences between the M7 series of grenade launchers?

Also, if I were to buy an M7A3, what other accessories go with it?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Nobody knows?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Scottryan:

Excellent article in GCA Journal in Winter, 2002, that directly answers your question.

M7 is the most plentiful with a host of manufacturers with slight modifications.

Circular wire spring stopped grenade at desired point (cannulure along outside shaft of launcher) which when combined with grenade weight and charge propelled grenade, alledgedly, a somewhat consistent distance.  M7A3 was a late and longer variation.  Rigid friction spring at outside mouth of this particular  launcher stopped grenade at desire level prior to firing.  I have several M7's made by IBM, F&S and KM.  I have one M7A3 and I believe that was made at SA although am not sure.   Have tested the former with inert grenade and had a lot of fun with it.  I make sure I use the proper blank cartridges.  Was disappointed with range as tennis ball tipped "grenade" only travelled some 80 yards.  Only got two launches out of this device as fins got destroyed.  Since I do not shoot inert grenades very often, I used the "Think it, Say it, Do it" protocol (with rehearsal) to make sure I didn't launch grenade thru my chin.  Used rifle butt on ground method.  

Gun show cost is anywhere from $25 to $90.

I trust I did not insult your intelligence level or existing knowledge of subject matter.

HTH
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:40:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Scottryan:

I re-read your post - see add'l info., below.

There was also an M7A1 and M7A2 that were shorter variations of the M7A3.  Attachment to rifle, for all models of this series, was essentially the same.

Only other accessory required is grenade, proper blank cartridge, and site if one is desired.

HTH
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:48:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Scottryan:

I re-read your post - see add'l info., below.

There was also an M7A1 and M7A2 that were shorter variations of the M7A3.  Attachment to rifle, for all models of this series, was essentially the same.

Only other accessory required is grenade, proper blank cartridge, and site if one is desired.

HTH

What type of sights are there?  How do you aim without a sight?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#5]
M15 rifle sight that attaches to the left hand side of stock at the reveiver, complete with bubble level.

HTH
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Correct, this is the one that screws into the stock?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 4:44:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Correct, this is the one that screws into the stock?

yes. well, it mounts onto a plate that is screwed into the stock. if i remember correctly, mounting that plate is something of an exact science...
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:37:16 PM EDT
[#8]
What should the finish be on a M7A3 laucher?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top