Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 5:22:41 AM EDT
I'm sure this one has been asked many times before, but I'm looking to get an M1A.  Mainly to be used for an all-around plinker for ranges between 100-300 yards.  This will not be a safe-queen, I try to take all my rifles out several times a month and shoot them as much as I can afford to.  All GI parts are a must.  Price is not a concern.  What are my options?  Fulton, LRB, Armscorp all come to mind.  Thanks.  MJD
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:33:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I'm looking to get an M1A.  All GI parts are a must.  Price is not a concern.  What are my options?

MJD, if you can't find an all GI used safe queen get the LRB with a chrome lined barrel. It will have all USGI parts.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm looking to get an M1A.  All GI parts are a must.  Price is not a concern.  What are my options?

MJD, if you can't find an all GI used safe queen get the LRB with a chrome lined barrel. It will have all USGI parts.

Good advice
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:45:41 AM EDT
[#3]
LRB is the only way to go!!!!

www.lrbarms.com
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:46:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I got myself a use SA safe queen for $1150.  Posted up a want ad and had it here within two weeks.  Came with a synthetic stock and I bought a wood stock from Freds.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:00:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I got myself a use SA safe queen for $1150.  Posted up a want ad and had it here within two weeks.  Came with a synthetic stock and I bought a wood stock from Freds.

I take it you mean posted the want-ad on the EE?  Ideally this is what I'm looking for.  I don't want to spend $2K on something I can get for $1100-1300.  Granted the SA might not be quite as good as the LRB, but I doubt for my intended purpose I would be able to see a difference.  MJD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top