Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/28/2005 3:40:14 PM EDT
The guy at the gun store stated the "weep hole" is where I'd put a bipod stud if I desired to put on a Harris bipod.  But...I'm a little skeptical.

I've seen another website that states I need to drill a small hole behind the sling swivel, but I've got a pretty nice wooden stock, and would like to avoid putting holes in it if possible.  Any help here would be appreciated...
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:34:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I considered attaching my Harris bipod to the weep-hole. But, I decided to drill a hole further back down the stock so that I could attach the bipod in a sturdier portion of the stock.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:04:21 PM EDT
[#3]
What exactly is the purpse of the weep hole?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Allow water to weep out of the stock.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:54:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I still think that Harris and the other main manufacturers of Bipods need to add a bayonet mount adapter to their list of mounts.  You could have one for the M1 and M16, woud solve a lot of problems.

Hell, if they're feeling really froggy (not in a French way) they can make em for Swiss K31's too......

Steve L.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:46:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Installing things in the weep hole is supposed to be a first rate way to split your forend!!!!!

SoS
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Installing things in the weep hole is supposed to be a first rate way to split your forend!!!!!

SoS

Ditto,

The Weep Hole Area is the thinnest, weakest point of both a GI wood and synthetic stocks. With out some sort of reinforcing you run the risk of breaking that area.

Karsten
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top