Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2005 9:10:29 AM EDT
Got this little Springfield USGI racker on Friday the 23rd.  I Easy Off'ed the stock and let all the metal sit in break for overnight.  I then sanded with 220 grit paper and Tung oiled the stock twice with 24 hours in between.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Link Posted: 12/26/2005 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice work. I shot my field grade for the first time today and had a blast. It's now in parts waiting to be refinished. The project will begin soon
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks Great!!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
As soon as my son gets home on leave we are going to Camp Perry and pick one out. I understand they have quite a selection. Ineed to find some good reference material to help determine what I want and what is available.

Chinook3
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:00:35 PM EDT
[#4]
What was the TE & Muzzle?
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As soon as my son gets home on leave we are going to Camp Perry and pick one out. I understand they have quite a selection.

Indeed they do- with Pics!

Ineed to find some good reference material to help determine what I want and what is available.

Chinook3

Jouster
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top