Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2005 12:13:42 AM EDT
How would one go about getting CMP 30.06? The website says there is M2 LC in stock, is this true, or only the Greek? Do I need to send anything in to order the ammo (besides $)? Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:50:17 AM EDT
[#1]
walrus,

You MUST be a member of a CMP affiliate Club before you can make any ammo purchases from them.

For the full scoop, check out the CMP's website @   www.odcmp.com

Swampy

Garands forever
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:01:15 AM EDT
[#2]
You''l like the Greek My M1 shoots very welll with it..oddly my '03A3 dosen't care for it it shoots it's best with the L.C. ammo, must be the diffrence in velocity between the two..Anyway the Greek ammo is pretty good stuff and I have reloaded a few of the greek cases, the primers are staked in, but come right out when resizing them. Seating new primers is not a problem the primer pockets aren't crimped, New primers go right in a feel like commerical brass when seating the primers. The Greek brass looks like decent brass, time will tell, I can say that at least the flasholes are on center, unlike alot of L.C. brass.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
walrus,

You MUST be a member of a CMP affiliate Club before you can make any ammo purchases from them.

For the full scoop, check out the CMP's website @   www.odcmp.com

Swampy

Garands forever

I am a member of a CMP affiliated club. On that note, do they still have the LC M2 ball ammo?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:22:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The CMP still has MILLIONS of rounds of LC ammo.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Which would you go  for, the LC or Greek?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:08:49 PM EDT
[#6]
tagged for info
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:01:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lake City
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 7:17:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lake City

Though it says Non-Corrosive, can never be too sure as it's made in the 60's-70's. Just to be sure, is it really NC? If so, CMP is getting some of my CHristmas money pretty soon.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:44:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lake City

Though it says Non-Corrosive, can never be too sure as it's made in the 60's-70's. Just to be sure, is it really NC? If so, CMP is getting some of my CHristmas money pretty soon.

Lake City hasn't used corrosive primers since 1951.  Anything made by them in 1952 or later is definately non-corrosive.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Most users report the Greek from CMP is more accurate than the LC stuff.  This been my experience as well.

I ordered some online early one wednesday and it was delivered that friday.  Great service from those Bama Boys.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:47:21 AM EDT
[#11]
If you are not already a member of an affiliated club, join the Garand Collector's Association.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If you are not already a member of an affiliated club, join the Garand Collector's Association.

All ready am a member of a CMP affiliated club, thank you though.

How does LC compare to Greek accuracy wise? Anyone have an moa estimate for both?

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Also, how do I prove I am a member of a CMP affiliated club to the CMP?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:47:03 AM EDT
[#14]
walrus,

A photocopy of a current membership card will have to accompany your order form.

Swampy

Garands forever
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:10:22 PM EDT
[#15]
The Greek HXP is reported as more accurate than the Lake City.  LC is hit or miss, with the '72 lots being better than the '68, but it's still a crap shoot.  Check out the CMP forums from the guys who have shot both.

I'm ordering some HXP.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How does LC compare to Greek accuracy wise? Anyone have an moa estimate for both?

That's not a reasonable question to answer.  Rifle barrels are very picky.  I've shot my best group with iron sights with Lake City and my Garand.  5 shot 1-5/8" at 100 yards.  It will typically shoot 3 - 4 moa.  I did not see a huge difference between the 2 as far as accuracy goes.  The HXP is newer, so I would think it has a better chance to be more accurate.  But it's also much hotter than the lake city I have and sometimes slower is more accurate.  I personally like them both but Lake City is a little cheaper
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:01:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not a reasonable question to answer.  Rifle barrels are very picky.  I've shot my best group with iron sights with Lake City and my Garand.  5 shot 1-5/8" at 100 yards.  It will typically shoot 3 - 4 moa.  I did not see a huge difference between the 2 as far as accuracy goes.  The HXP is newer, so I would think it has a better chance to be more accurate.  But it's also much hotter than the lake city I have and sometimes slower is more accurate.  I personally like them both but Lake City is a little cheaper

Can it really be THAT much hotter if both are M2 ball spec?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#18]
The Greek/CMP ammo is NOT hot.. it is just simply up to specs.. (2800fps) (GI specs calls for 2700fps 79ft from the muzzle)
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#19]
No scientific data here, but I can tell you the Greek HXP (NO OLYMPIC!) seems more accurate.  If buying a new rifle getting the Greek stuff is the way to go to boost your en-bloc clip stock!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top